Notification of Annual General Meeting
CLG Cúil an tSúdaire, McCann Park, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 W202
7th November 2017
The Annual General Meeting of Portarlington GAA Club will take place on Friday 2nd December 2017 at 8.00pm in McCann Park.
The agenda for the night will be as follows and the Officers and Committee Members listed will also be appointed on the night.
- Minutes of Previous AGM
- Consideration of Annual Report Submitted by Secretary
- Consideration of the Financial Statements including the Report of the Treasurer
- The Chairman’s Address
- Appointment of Tellers
- Notices of Motion
- Election of Officers and Members of the Executive Committee
Leas-Chathaoirleach (Vice Chairperson) & Juvenile Chairperson
Rúnaí Cúnta (Assistant Secretary & Juvenile Secretary
Leas-Cisteoir (Vice Treasurer):
Oifigeach Cultúr agus Teanga
(Office of the Irish Language & Culture):
Oifigeach Coudreamh Poibit (P.R.O.):
Ionadaí na nImreoín (Player’s Representative):
Toscaire Bord Contae (County Board Delegate):
Comhalta Coiste (Committee Members):
Games Development Committee Chairperson:
Development Committee Chairperson:
Fund Raising Committee Chairperson:
Hall & Field Committee Chairperson:
Social Committee Chairperson:
Commitee Roles & Responsibilties:
Games Development Committee
Under the guidance of the Committee Chairperson, the role of the Games Development Committee is as follows:-
Members of this committee must include the Coaching Officer, Schools Link and Children’s Officer.
- Appointment of football and hurling coaches at all levels in club.
- Induction and training of these coaches to required level prior to them taking up positions.
- Ongoing development of coaches to achieve highest level possible.
- Organisation of internal courses for all coaches to include Code of Ethics, First Aid, Foundation Course, Level 1 & Level 2 Coaching Courses.
- Supporting the Children’s Officer with the enforcement of Garda Vetting as per legal requirement.
- Constant reviews of coaches’ performance and development.
- Dealing with any issues that may arise with coaches in a professional and confidential manner.
- Development of the Player Pathway in the club to include the minimum skill requirement for each age group.
Under the guidance of the Committee Chairperson, the role of the Development Committee is as follows:-
Members of this committee must include the Club Treasurer
Management of development in total under the guidance of the Executive Committee.
- Review of development with County Development Officer in advance of tender process.
- Compliance with GAA Insurers at all times throughout development.
- Preparation and issuing of Tender documents.
- Review of Tender Documents on return and preparation of proposal for agreement by the Executive Committee.
- Appointment Contractors as agreed.
- Monitoring and management of work.
- Completion of documentation required for grant draw down.
- Completion of documentation to ensure legal compliance.
- Control and adherence to agreed budgets.
- Submission of final account to Executive Committee on completion of project.
Fund Raising Committee
Under the guidance of the Committee Chairperson, the role of the Fund Raising Committee is as follows:-
Members of this committee must include the Club Treasurer.
- Planning of all Fund Raising events for the club.
- Presentation of Yearly Fund Raising planner for approval by the Executive Committee.
- Organisation of all Fund Raising events.
- Agreeing insurance for all Fund Raising events with GAA insurers.
- Promotion of Fund Raising events in conjunction with the Club PRO.
- Organisation of club members to assist with the smooth running of all events.
- Collection of all monies from events/sponsorship and passing to Club Treasurer.
- Agreement of all sponsorship for teams/event for approval by Executive Committee.
- Control and updating of pitch advertising boards and scoreboard advertising space to ensure maximum revenue is achieved.
Hall & Field Committee
Under the guidance of the Committee Chairperson, the role of the Hall & Field Committee is as follows:-
Members of this committee must include the Safety Officer.
- Management of all bookings for the hall and pitches.
- Issuing of schedules for hall and pitches on a monthly basis.
- Notification/agreement of all usage with GAA insurers.
- Ensuring adherence with insurance guidelines.
- Collection of payments for hall and field use and return of these payment to the Club Treasurer.
- Working with caretakers to agree areas of priority.
- Preparation of maintenance list for the entire club and agreement of funds required with Executive Committee.
- Overseeing of any works taking place as agreed.
- Organising club clean up days and assigning tasks to volunteers on the day.
- Organisation of match days to ensure the smooth run of matches we host.
- Liaising with Safety Officer to ensure all areas of concern are addressed as quickly as possible.
Under the guidance of the Committee Chairperson, the role of the Social Committee is as follows:-
- Management of catering for all club fundraising events held in McCann Park as agreed with the Executive Committee.
- Organisation of catering as required for club social events e.g. medal presentations etc. as requested by the Executive Committee.
- Organisation of team catering as requested by the Executive Committee.
- Organisation of tea/coffee during Winter indoor juvenile training to encourage parents to interact and engage more with the club.
- Organisation of Social evenings for older members of the club at different times throughout the year.
Please note that only those members who have paid their membership before 31st March 2016 will be entitled to vote on the night, however all members and those interested in becoming members are welcome to attend. Please ensure you come along and encourage anyone interested in getting involved in the club to come along on the night also, we are continually looking for new people to participate in all aspects of the club and look forward to welcoming them on the night.
Adrainne Mhic Cárthaigh