In accordance with Coivd-19 guidance the attendance for our upcoming Senior and Junior 1st Round Championship Games has been limited to 200 per game.
This figure includes Players and Mentors for each team, Referees, Officials and Stewards etc. The remainder will be divided between both clubs for each game.
This leaves a very limited number of tickets for distribution within the club. Unfortunately, this means that many of our loyal supporters will not be able to attend either game. This is disappointing for the club but we hope our supporters are understanding of this unfortunate situation we all find ourselves in due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
However, all fully paid up club members who wish to attend either our Senior or Junior 1st round games will have the opportunity to enter a draw to purchase a ticket for one of the games, (priced at €10 for the Senior game and €5 for the Junior game) by texting their name to 087 796 2461 by Tuesday 4th August.
Note: Tickets will be allocated to Club members only.
The draw will take place on Wednesday 6th August. Winners will be contacted by text and tickets will be available for collection and payment on Thursday 7th August at 7.30pm from the GAA Centre.
For those supporters unable to attend, Laois GAA will be streaming the games live from O’Moore Park at a cost of €5 per game, further details are available at https://laoisgaa.ie/laois-gaa-tv-live/
Registration for Portarlington GAA Club Cul Camps 2020 is now open. to register click on the book now button below.
Kellogg’s GAA Cúl Camps provide boys and girls – between the ages of 6 and 13 – with an action-packed and fun-filled week of activity during the summer holidays which revolves around maximising enjoyment and sustaining participant involvement in Gaelic Games
Activities are player-centred with a Games Based approach with a strong emphasis being placed on personal development and well-being. Activities are also organised in an age-appropriate manner with a view to:
- Optimising learning
- Enhancing friendships
- Improving physical & psychological Wellbeing
- Promote school and club links
OTHER KEY FEATURES ATTACHING TO THE KELLOGG’S GAA CÚL CAMPS
- The camps are structured so that a different aspect of the game is worked on each day.
- The programme involves coaching specific skills of the game and provide the opportunity for children to put into practice what they have learned through small sided games.
- During the camp week, a “blitz” is organised to provide each child with an introduction to competitive games.
Attendance is open to primary school children aged 6 years to 13 years.
What To Bring:
- Packed Lunch + Drink
- Hurley and Helmet for Hurling and Camogie
- Mouthguard for Football
- Suitable playing gear, tracksuit, shorts, runners, boots
- Rain jacket and changes of gear on wet days
- Sun cream and baseball hat
Cúl Camps Kit
Each child will receive 1 Cúl Camps Kit pack consisting of
- 1/4 Zip Top
€65 for 1st. child; €60 for 2nd child; €50 for 3rd and subsequent children.
For children attending a second camp, without gear, the cost is €50