- Open pitches for Adult training Wednesday, June 24th.
- Open for Minor and below from Saturday, June 27th.
- Both of the above on a non-contact basis and on the understanding that players and all participants have completed the eLearning module and are following the control measures in place (health questionnaire etc).
- On the basis of a maximum of 15 players in a designated area of the field. Coaching numbers for underage teams to be consistent with Code of Behaviour.
From June 29th:
- Contact training and challenge games for all from Monday, June 29th
- Restriction on participants only attending training sessions to be relaxed from June 29th – subject to government specified maximum of 200 people in the ground.
- All control measures for players, coaches and other team personnel (completion of health questionnaire, eLearning education etc) is to remain in place until advised otherwise; dressing rooms to remain closed until July 20th
- Equipment to be sanitised before 1st training session and at the end of each subsequent session.
- Players to bring own filled water bottles, sharing of personal playing equipment is prohibited.
- Toilet facilities will be available but no other indoor facilities will be accessible.
- Dressing rooms to remain closed until July 20th
- All Mentors / players must sanitise hands on entry/exit of playing field.
NOTE: All mentors/ players must be registered members of Portarlington GAA Club in order to participate in this return to activity. It is really important now more than ever that we are all compliant with requirements of GAA/Club rules.
To register and pay membership use the following link:
Training Subs will be not be collected as usual. Parents are asked subscribe to the club online weekly club lotto, max. €2 week/family as an alternative. 5 weeks can be purchased for €10 Sign up here:
Covid-19 Contact Tracing
Before returning to activity the following must be completed by all Mentors, Adult Players, and Parents / Guardians on behalf of Juvenile players.
1. Covid-19 e-learning Module
Mentors / Parents / Guardians / Players are required to complete an online Covid-19 e-learning Module provided by the GAA. (Link Below).
2. Health Questionnaire
An online health questionnaire will also have to be completed once by Mentors and Players or their Parents / Guardian before return to training. (Link Below).
Guide to completing the Health questionnaire https://learning.gaa.ie/sites/default/files/Gaelic%20Games_Health%20Questionnaire_User%20Guide_22.06.2020.pdf
3. Health Declaration
It will be the responsibility of each individual or their parent / guardian to provide a declaration online indicating there has been no change to players health status / circumstances before any subsequent training sessions / match.
This will be monitored by a Covid-19 Supervisor assigned to each team.
Mentors / Players will not be permitted to train or play unless all three steps above have been completed.
Return to Play
Each team will be contacted by Team Mentors in advance of each teams return to a training:
Each team will be provided with a 2hr training slot, All Mentors/players must be off the premises 20 mins before the start of any subsequent training session.
Mantra will be: Get In, Train, Get out.
- Appropriate signage and sanitising stations will be provided by the Club.
- An Isolation room will be available to anyone who falls ill during a session.
- Daily deep clean of Toilet Facilities will be carried when pitch is use.
Note: These measures are subject to change based on Dept. of Health and GAA Advice.
For further information check: https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19resources